Motor Oil

Stephen Hampson shampson at
Thu Apr 19 10:17:42 PDT 2007

I have'nt had to do oil change yet but one is coming up shortly. So your
opinions are welcome.
However I have seen some pretty compelling evidence over on the Delphi
Kawasaki Vulcan forum that motorcycle specific oil performs worse than
standard non synthetic motor oil and that oil for diesel engines performs
best. Specifically due to its greater shear qualities. Some of these guys
have been sending oil samples off for testing for quite few years now and
there pretty convinced about the findings.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Markham [mailto:automan25 at]
Sent: 19 April 2007 07:10
To: GPzList at
Subject: Motor Oil

What brand of motor oil do you all put in your bikes? Where do you purchase
it? I seem to only be able to find motorcycle oil at motorcycle dealers here
in the Seattle area. Are there other common places to get it for less that
the insane price of $5.00/qt?

Jeffrey R. Markham
Digital Designer

Do You Yahoo!?