Motor Oil

schnowz schnowz at localnet.com
Thu Apr 19 15:56:06 PDT 2007

 Mark,  change the oil and filter every 3000 miles and use any oil you want
that meets the newer SAE specs. which is most of them.
    The specs are more stringent than they used to be. For instance they
have a test that is geared towards cam wear that they didn't have 10 years
ago. Guy's talk about friction modifiers like it's a scourge, the only thing
you have to watch is that they don't make your clutch slip..
  I have 98700 on the clock (actually 100k real miles) on GTX 10/40 and Fram
filters and I don't see any difference in power than the the day I bought
it. Of course now I've said that, it will crap out tomorrow..

      Pete S