Crosswind sensitive GPZ (sorry - long)

Rickard Olsson richie at webhackande.se
Fri Apr 20 10:24:11 PDT 2007

Ped wrote:

> I could use some advice on this: Since the beginning of this season my
> trusty old GPZ has become sensitive to gusty crosswinds from the LEFT.
> Always from the left. If I ride at 50-55 mph (80-90 km/h) gusty winds
> from the left causes the engine to hesitate slightly (like fuel
> starvation) and a strong gust can simply make the engine die.

OK, now you're scaring me. I noticed this exact same phenomenon this
morning on the way to work. I haven't even started looking for causes
yet, but the first thing that popped into my mind was indeed turbulence
in the carb air flow. I have done no maintenance at all yet.

> It takes a good handful of throttle to get it running again.

This, of course, is not necessarily a bad thing. ;-)