my ought 7 bug collection has officially started.

J. Mason masonjs at nrtco.net
Sun Apr 22 17:02:12 PDT 2007

I got Ruby home today--not without some problems.  I put the battery is her
yesterday and she fired up on the 2nd hit of the starter.  I had no one to
give me a ride back to the cottage to pick up my truck (it was full of large
garbage and large garbage day was upon us), so I left the bike and brought
the truck & garbage home.  Today my son was with me to drive my truck home
and do you think the bitch would start.  I ran the battery down then got out
my marine emergency battery.  I guess I must have flooded it.  It was about
20 minutes between running the bike battery down and getting the marine
battery connected--my wife was also at the cottage and wanted shit done.
Anyway with the charged battery connected I touched the start button and the
engine was running--I didn't even hear the sound of the starter motor. The
young lad showed up at home with my truck 4 hours and 1/2 a tank of gas
later, with the statement "Jeez Dad does this thing ever go". I gave him my
old 1991 Toyota 4x4 with the 2.4 litter 4 cylinder (about 120 HP).  My new
Tacoma has a gas sucking 4 litter V6 with about 250 hp.  I guess he was
lighting up the tires here and there.  Such is youth.