Revloc Clutch

Charles Scappaticci scapco at ecentral.com
Sun Apr 22 19:36:59 PDT 2007

After picking up my new toy last night and installing a new rear tire
and 2 tubes (dammit!!) I took it for a first ride today at the motocross
track.  It's definitely a big change from a 250 2-stroke motocrosser to
a big bore 4-stroke.  Anyway, I got a chance to read up on and try out
the Revloc clutch and see what the $925 (ouch!!) they charge for one is
all about.

You start the bike as normal and then just drop it into gear (hands off
the clutch lever!), no fuss no headache.  You give it some gas and it
engages smoothly and you ride away.  You can completely forget about
using the clutch lever at all if you choose.  You just ride around and
shift as normal and it prevents the engine from stalling even if you
lock up the rear wheel.  You can override the Revloc with the clutch
lever if needed, but doing so at the wrong time eliminates the engine
braking effect and can be a really bad thing at times.  This would be
great for a beginner or handicapped person.

These also work for street bikes, although so far they only make them
for Harley's and Ducati's.  At $925 each, I would think the market would
be limited though.   www.revloc.com

Here'a a pic of the WR450. - http://scapco.sportbiker.com/photo3.html

Charles S.