balancing carbs

Larry Zoia phezanthawk at wowway.com
Sat Apr 28 15:30:19 PDT 2007

What I do is remove the tank, removing the fuel line
in the process.  Then I put the tank on a couple of sawhorses on the left of
the bike.  I also put a box or milk crate under the tank to make it high
enough to gravity feed the carbs. I carefully position the tank so that the
petcock hangs over the box or crate.  I attach
a lenght of fuel line and splice it into the bike's fuel line.
Next set the petcock to the Prime position and synch
your carbs.

You should be able to see the gas in your in-line filter
(if you have the see-through type) that you installed the
day after you got your bike.

Put it all back together.  Remember the vacuum line to the petcock.

Larry in Michigan