Speedometer

Julian Solomensky jsolo at solo-tek.com
Sun Apr 29 18:43:34 PDT 2007

Hello Jeffrey,

My turd of a speedometer died today too!

I was in Dubuque, just read to turn on to 52 and follow the road south along the mississippi river.  At first it started having these really strange swings, like from 40-100 mph, then it shot up to 160-180.  Now it's stuck at 110.

Fortunately, the odometer still works.

I haven't decided what to do yet.  I'm going to see if I can get just the speedometer unit and replace mine.  If not, screw it.  I'll get some sort of wireless bike speedometer and use that instead.

You need to first determine if its the speedo driver (at the wheel), the cable, or the speedometer guage in the cluster that's not working.

Disconnect the speedo cable, attach it to a drill, set drill to reverse and pull trigger.  If the speedometer works, then it's the speedo driver at the wheel.  Otherwise it's likely the speedo in the cluster.

--
Best regards,
 Julian                            mailto:jsolo at solo-tek.com