Speedometer

Dave Daniels dwaynedaniels at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 30 05:29:41 PDT 2007

Keep your eyes open Julian. Sometimes a whole guage cluster shows up. I bought one last year.

Julian Solomensky <jsolo at solo-tek.com> wrote:  I think i'm going to have a pretty tough time finding a speedometer on ebay. I see a few for other kawi's, but suspect the internal gearing might be different. IE, it'll read too fast or too slow. Paying $170 for a new speedometer is out of the question.

Any got a spare speedometer they want to get rid of?

If I can't find a oem solution, I might just hook up a wireless bicycle speedometer. Clip it to the front or back wheel rotor and call it a day. Any recommendations for such a unit (preferably one that's backlit). I figure they should be at least accurate to 100 mph.

It was pretty awesome, just before it croaked, the speedo hovered around 170-180 mph!