Dirt Biking in Leadville Colorado (NGPZC)

Charles Scappaticci scapco at ecentral.com
Sun Aug 19 13:00:59 PDT 2007

I took the Yamaha up to Leadville yesterday where I'd ridden the GPZ
last weekend, and rode Mosquito pass over from Leadville towards
Fairplay.  I turned around short of Fairplay as the skies were turning
dark and I didn't want to be sitting on a large chunk of metal at 13,000
ft in a lightning storm.

The Leadville mining district was all over this area and it's pretty
cool to ride around and explore some of the old mines as long as you're
careful and don't fall in something.  The gray in the later pictures is
rain as I ended up loading up in the rain, but otherwise it was a good
day of riding.  Leadville sits above 10,000 ft altitude so most of these
mines are above 11,000 ft.

Here's the link to some pictures:

http://community.webshots.com/user/scapco

Charles S.