shims... what a friggin' pain!

Paul Heim SuprHtr at columbus.rr.com
Fri Aug 24 13:22:45 PDT 2007

I just finished doing the shims on my ZR-7 a couple of weeks ago, and
shim-under-bucket is no fun.  When I rechecked after the cams were back in
place, most of my clearances were a little beyond the loose end of the spec.
Since I didn't have any more of the necessary shims (13 mm diameter!!! DOH,
can't use my massive supply of GPz shims!) I decided to just run it.  A
loose valve is a happy valve!