List etiquette

Jeffrey Walker walkerjl at charter.net
Mon Aug 27 06:00:21 PDT 2007

Hey, I have a minor request:

When you are replying to someone's email on the list, please trim the
original email off the reply, unless you are specifically responding to a
quote in that email.

I get this list in digest mode, and I have to scroll down through pages and
pages of repeated paragraphs of replies to emails, and often miss stuff in
my haste to page down through repeated after repeated originals.  We know
what the original subject was from the subject line, so leaving the original
in the reply is a big waste of everyone's time. (Especially those in digest
mode).

I appreciate it,

Jeff in Washington.