trailer/trans question

Bill Magitz corbie at
Mon Feb 12 14:44:03 PST 2007

Hi All , I'm looking for opinions on trailering effects on a transmission. I'm hoping to do some wider range riding and may trailer to some places so was wondering if a trans cooler is a must. I drive a Honda CRV and it has synthetic fluid in it which was one recommended idea ( switch to synthetic ) I spoke with the local Aamco shop and of course there are no guarantees this will help but it's a good idea or maybe an easy buck is what he's looking at. estimate was $200 - 220.
What do you guys think , will the synthetic fluids be enough , is a cooler a good idea or just a waste of money. Thanks for any and all replies.
Bill Magitz waiting out the cold in NJ

CCTV Security Surveillance Cameras
Internet remote surveillance, low prices, fast shipping, secured site.