Chain riveting tool

Julian Solomensky jsolo at solo-tek.com
Tue Feb 20 21:52:20 PST 2007

Hello D,

Get a few extra master links.

FIrst time I did it I busted 3 master links before I got it right.

Also went through 2 pins in the tool.

2nd time around (30 or 35K miles later) I got it right the first time.

I got my motion pro tool from jc whitney.. It was $90 or so at the time.  This is the fancy deluxe tool.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2004180/c-10111/Nty-1/p-2004180/Ntx-mode+matchallpartial/N-10111/tf-Browse/s-10101/Ntk-AllTextSearchGroup?Ntt=chain

The last chain I got came with special removable spacers that went in the link to protect the rubber xrings.  After you press/peen the pins, you remove the spacers.

I got  a EK 530 ZVX chain last time from ebay.  $150 shipped.  For stock fitment you need 112 links.  I got the 120 link and broke it to the size needed.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=&store=Main&catId=&productId=110109110&leafCatId=&mmyId=

--
Best regards,
 Julian                            mailto:jsolo at solo-tek.com