ressurection advice

Steven Bixby steven at
Mon Feb 26 15:11:33 PST 2007

Just curious..... is spinning the engine without a spark really any safer
than a "hot start"?

I'd still be concerned about all the dry parts grinding away until they get
oil.   Seems like a safer approach might be to lift the valve cover and pour
some of the fresh oil in there to let it drain through the engine.  Maybe
even a few ml in each spark plug hole too.  (after draining the old oil, of

But... I've never been in this situation before, so I'm just theorizing.