what a pain!

Steve Northrop blackgpz at rochester.rr.com
Tue Jan 9 17:40:56 PST 2007

George is exactly right about the gold flakes. You didn't tell us about them
before. Sounds like that GUNK stuff did the bearings in. Anybody know if a
ZX11 bottom end would bolt in? The GPZ engine shares a lot of the same
components. Don't know if the cases/countershaft sprocket location is the
same as ours. I do know the ZX11 does not use the same countershaft
sprocket. If so, you could just change out the cams and cylinder head and be
back in business. It's a shame you're having so many troubles. The GPZ
really is a great bike, just not indestructible.

Steve in Western NY
'96 GPZ1100
'02 Daytona 955i
"You Can't Fix Stupid", Ron White