me again

Jameson, George E. george.jameson at mirant.com
Fri Jan 12 06:07:19 PST 2007

Yes this is a common source of noise along with the cam chain tensioner.
But the gold flakes in the oil is only explained by plain bearing
damage.  On this motor usually # 3 connecting rod big end. The Craig's
list bike sounds like a real good possibility.  I don't know your
location relative to the bike or it's condition.  The motor or possibly
the whole bike could work out for you.  People here or on gpzbbs will be
interested in body and gpz specific spares, ZRX 1100 people will be
interested in the head and cams from the old motor, plus the engine
covers from the side that's unmarked, possibly transmission. The
switches and controls will fit just about any large kawasaki made in the
last 15 years. You should be able to recoup a few hundred dollars of
your expense, but the pia factor goes up.