Fitness

Jay Loeppke jloeppke at charter.net
Fri Jan 19 12:29:56 PST 2007

Something different for discussion on  the blog.  I am planning to do
some long distance touring this summer on my 95 Gpz and have been a
little concerned about the fitness part of it ( back ,arms,etc.).
I've read some of the books on long distance bike touring, has some
good tips. I also am a avid bicycler ( put in about 3k a summer, some
100m days).  But I think a found a great type of class that is going
to be very helpful.  Its called  a " palates" class that uses a
"stability ball".  You do all these types of exercises that increase
core strength (middle part of your body) and improve your balance.
Really works on the abs, back , shoulders , and upper legs.  Do a lot
of balancing on a big ball while your do all these different types of
exercise.  The pros have been using these types of exercises for
years on the off season. Try it.

Does anybody know were I could get a tank bra for this bike?  Any
recommendations for a tank bag and some luggage?