Non M/C Cage (96 altima) trouble codes

schnowz schnowz at localnet.com
Fri Jan 19 17:15:37 PST 2007

     Anyone up on these. I thought I knew what the difference between OBD1 and 2 but after the E Mails below from a guy who owns a website with trouble codes I'm not so sure..
    My basic dilema is that the Haynes Manual has a different code to his website. But the Haynes say they changed in 98 (not 96) but I believe they all changed in 96 to meet Federal regs. Even so he seems to be saying there is both a P0XXX type code and a manufactures code that are different even after 96?
   If you check the E mails below I'm trying to find if the problem for a code 115 engine light is the ECT sensor or fuel delivery problem..
Answers offlist please... unless there are others interested .

Thanks in advance
   Pete S