Back from the Fandango

schnowz schnowz at localnet.com
Thu Jul 5 17:01:18 PDT 2007

    The tires held up well  - still a wee bit of tread left. Though I was
riding pretty conservatively....it's not a good idea to have a get off a
long way from home. On another note, one observation was that you would wait
a long time for a ambulance to arrive in WV, I followed a ambulance, sirens
blaring, for about 30 miles and he was only able to do 45mph tops, and was
crossing the double yellas on every corner, They would do much better to
have first responders on a M/C.
  Avons do last longer than the 205's - that's why I mounted them just
before leaving. The plains do scrub them square though. I was lying on the
tank bag to escape the wind buffeting and almost fell asleep from the
monotony, even though I hadn't been riding that long.. Luckily I came across
a town where I took a short diversion.
   When I got back to the twisties in KY, OH and WV it wasn't handling well
at all. I had mean't to bump up the suspension another notch, but kept
forgettin until I had all my gear mounted and couldn't be bothered to rip it
all off to access the tools under the seat. When I finally did it - it made
a huge difference.
     My paintwork took a beating from dust getting under the hardbags. But
it doesn't owe me anything so I'm not complaining  (too much). If it was a
new bike it would be different.

    Pete