Sounds like the Concours 14 is coming

William K Denton wkdenton at verizon.net
Fri Jul 6 15:04:55 PDT 2007

FWIW, I took a ride on my good friend's ZX14 last week, and it was
bottomless pit powerful.  Got it up to 110mph in two blinks of an eye, never
getting above 6k RPM leaving two cogs to spare.  It was light, short, low,
it was fast, and it was quiet.  It made the GPz1100 initially feel like
someone put lead bricks in the saddlebags and pulled one of the spark plugs
wires off when I got back on to ride home.

All this and I had barely cracked the throttle.  It was SCARY powerful.  All
I can say is I hope they good and plenty detuned that thing for the Connie,
because you wouldn't want to be pulling power wheelies during a passing
maneuver with full packs and (God forbid) a passenger on pillion.  The ZX14
will pull them "at will" in the first three, possibly four, gears.

Bill in Yardley, PA
wkdenton at verizon.net
'96 GPz1100

A detuned ZZR1400, now is'nt