FJR 1300 AE (LONG!)

bob.sims at us.army.mil bob.sims at us.army.mil
Tue Jul 10 08:20:00 PDT 2007

> We're looking to augment the stable with a more capable 2up tourer
> and the
> FJR is ahead of the K1200GT on my list by about, say $9000.
> Anyway, the
> test ride confirmed that it's a damn fine bike and I'd really love
> to own
> one.

Rob,

I think that in short order, you will also learn to love the shaft drive and fuel injection.  I know that after only a few 1Ks on the Uly, there is no way I could go back to carbs or a chain drive.

The clutchless shifting sounds intriguing.  FWIW, I don't think you need to be worried with any "first year" problems.  I think that with today's level of engineering and testing amongst the big manufacturers, this is largely a myth.  Take the '95 GPZs, for example.  :-)

HTH.

Bob