engine availability?

Jerry Clair darkclarity2k at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 12:38:34 PDT 2007

for what she worth, it looks like I will part out Rockelle I
The engine is still good with 67k miles on her. So there's one motor...

Bob Sims <bob.sims at us.army.mil> wrote: All,

A largely rhetorical question...

Any one know of any used '95-later GPZ1100 engines out there for sale, in
either the US or Europe?

A potential buyer for my high-mileage bike is concerned about replacement
engine availability, if needed in the future.  I'm a bit sympathetic to his
question, especially consider that he's trying to replace a '88 Ninja 750
that threw a rod.

I thought I'd ask for any examples to show "due dillegence" for an
interested buyer.  FWIW, my asking price is very, very low in consideration
of the 85K original miles I've put on it -- asking $2500 for bike plus many
extras and spares, and I would consider much less.

In general, I've had much better luck with finding GPZ parts via the German
eBay than the stateside version, so I'll run some traps there as well.

Many thanks in advance for any responses.

Bob
www.twowheelsburning.com