Concours 14, part 2 (Heat)

Ped pedmail at dbmail.dk
Wed Jul 25 15:59:07 PDT 2007

Do you remember when our GPZ was new? Many owners of brand new bikes
brought this topic up on the list. I too was puzzled over the
considerable amount of heat that hit my shin bones while riding. And
then the 'problem' vanished as our bikes grew older. The excessive heat
production is probably a result of tolerances that are on the tight side
when the engine is new and the amount of heat decreases after a few
thousand miles. My guess is it will be the same for the new Concours - a
'problem' that will go away eventually.

Ped
'96 "Black Stealth" GPZ
Denmark