New Shoes

Tom Wheeler the74impala at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 30 12:34:41 PDT 2007

If you don't see the white threads, it aint done yet.  I rode back from TN one day with a 15-18" strip, 1.5 inches or so wide.  I was in a hurry, I figured if I got home faster, the better.  Pretty impressive that it held together at 100 plus with about 1/16" of material held air under that strain.  Anything less your a WIMP!  Worse thing was, I wanted to do a burnout video prior to swapping tires.  Oh well, this set will fry at the end!

Tom
Louisville> Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 12:20:35 -0700> From: dwaynedaniels at sbcglobal.net> Subject: Re: New Shoes> To: masonjs at nrtco.net; gpzlist at micapeak.com> > I don't think I'd go that far with a tire. Somehow I don't think riding on a tire in that condition would be very safe. Maybe it's just me. No, mine were'nt that bad.> > Marilyn Mason <masonjs at nrtco.net> wrote: Wore out??? Was they still black all the way round?? You can tell when> they're pretty well done-- you got a white strip up the middle--like you> were riding on a skunk's back!!!> > Jim> ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Dave Daniels" > To: "GPZ LIST" > Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 9:43 AM> Subject: New Shoes> > > > Got some new tires put on saturday. I bought Avon Viper Sports. 120/65 on> the front and 180/55 on the back. My old tires were worn beyond belief. They> were so flat that I would have to literally force the bike into a turn. I> didn't realize this until I took it for a ride with the new tires. Holy> rubber tree Batman! Now all I have to do is lean slightly to one side and it> wants to roll right into a turn. It feels so much more stable too. It was a> little unnerving at first but once I got used to it, I love them. New tires> are the bomb dog!> >> >