Southern Indiana Trip

Dave Daniels dwaynedaniels at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 31 10:02:25 PDT 2007

Myself and Dave Beard are coming. Who's the third? Dave and I are heading to Bloomington on the 17th, staying till monday morning, then going home. Jerry, if you'd be coming through Dayton, you're welcome to join up with me. Don't know if it's out of your way or not. I'll be heading out Friday morning and meeting up with Dave Beard somewhere west of Indianapolis, have lunch, then ride on down to Bloomington. Don French will be guiding us through some of the best roads in that area on saturday, and he knows the best, let me tell you. Sunday will most likely consist of some more riding along with maybe some sightseeing such as cave tours or whatever else we find. Ideas are welcome.

Jerry Clair <darkclarity2k at yahoo.com> wrote:  So, I would need a place on 17th and 19 in bloomington?
what's the plan anyways...are all 3 Daves coming? Don?
pray my jets come in!
Hey Bill Magitz are you passing through my way? you joining us?

Dave Daniels wrote: To those who are going on the southern Indiana ride next month, (the weekend of Aug. 18 and 19) it would be a good idea to start thinking about lodgings. Dave Beard and I are staying at the Travelodge in Bloomington, IN. Here's their link:

http://www.travelodge.com/Travelodge/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=09401&brandInfo=TL&cid=%EAid

Another place to consider is the Days Inn. Here's their link:

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-340932-days_inn-i;_ylt=ApnKLrh47IE635jESQzNZooJ8b8F

The prices for those two, for (3) nights are $199.80 for Travelodge and $207.43 for Days Inn. But to get that price at Days Inn, you must prepay without the option of changing or cancelling your reservations. If you don't prepay, tack on another $30. That's why Dave and I chose Travelodge. We've stayed at the Travelodge twice before, the last time being last year and, aside from beds that weren't very soft, it was fine. Didn't spend a lot of time there anyway.

So, best get your reservations in while the gittin's good. We can arrange a meeting place later on. Please email myself or Dave Beard if you're going so we can have a rough head count. Thanks. Incidentally, Dave and I will be heading down there on Friday the 17th and heading home on Monday the 20th. Most likely, the most riding will be done on Saturday since I'm guessing that's the only day when Don French will be able to guide us. Tell me if I'm wrong Don. We can do some exploring on Sunday and maybe take in a couple sights somewhere, or whatever you want to do.

Dave Daniels