Selling my Gpz

Buehrle, Michael Michael.Buehrle at ottawa.ca
Thu Jun 28 05:28:15 PDT 2007

With the financial pressures of my divorce and the criminal Canadian bike insurance premiums, I reluctantly took my bike down to a local dealer and placed it on consignment last night.
He is a Honda dealer but has a great reputation and he took out his black book to establish a value. The trade-in value was 2000$ and retail was 2700$. It just never ceases to amaze me how so much bike can be worth so little. He pointed to a Zx9 that has been on the floor for 18 months and explained how the entire used Sprot bike market has collapsed due in part to the insurance rates.

I have stripped the bike of the LSL, vista cruiser and grip heater setup as well as the Corbin saddle(c/w backrest).The factory bag setup is also coming off as I don't think it will add anything to the bike's value. The bike has a stage III setup with Jardine header, new tires, chain and sprockets so if I add those upgrades somebody will essentially be getting the bike for a little over 1000$ if I get 2500$ for it. It has 52,000 kms but the oil has been changed obsessively usually at 3000 kms.I can help deliver the bike if anybody knows an interested party.

I will offer the stripped accessories up on the list when(if) the bike sells.
Next year I hope to pickup a 1000 Strom as the insurance will be 1/3 less.

This e-mail originates from the City of Ottawa e-mail
system. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or
the information it contains by other than the intended
recipient(s) is unauthorized. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify me at the telephone number shown
above or by return e-mail and delete this communication and
any copy immediately. Thank you.

Le présent courriel a été expédié par le système de
courriels de la Ville d'Ottawa. Toute distribution,
utilisation ou reproduction du courriel ou des
renseignements qui s'y trouvent par une personne autre que
son destinataire prévu est interdite. Si vous avez reçu le
message par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser par téléphone (au
numéro précité) ou par courriel, puis supprimer sans délai
la version originale de la communication ainsi que toutes
ses copies. Je vous remercie de votre collaboration.