Grabby Clutch (NGPZC)

Dave Daniels dwaynedaniels at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 7 08:17:34 PST 2007

Try running some Gunk Engine Flush through the bike.............just kidding. Please don't!

scapco at ecentral.com wrote:  My daughters Yamaha TTR-125 has a grabby clutch. When
you're releasing the clutch it doesn't engage smoothly, but
grabs rather quickly causing her to stall the bike too
often. This also makes it harder to slip the clutch when
you need to. The bike is a 2006, bought new and it has
very low miles/hours on it.

Funny, but I've never had a bike with a grabby clutch
before in nearly 40 years of riding. I'm open to trying
different oils, replacing the clutch, etc... I just need to
get it working better. Any suggestions?

Charles S. - In Sunny Denver
(Finally!)