Weepy check-valve gasket?

scapco at ecentral.com scapco at ecentral.com
Tue Mar 13 10:14:18 PDT 2007

Don in GJ wrote:

No, it's not sad, but it makes me a little...

Take a look at the attachment (hopefully it shows...). My
Geeper has been weeping oil from around this critter for
quite a while, and it's time to fix it (too many cracks
from Harley friends about 'marking territory'). Figure I
might as well do it along with the pre-season oil change.

Anyway... is there something special that makes this more
than a regular gasket? Only rated for a certian pressure?
Something? The neutral switch sender that plugs in there
seems to be functional, so I'm thinking the gasket is just
aged. I'm sure it's still stock, so it wouldn't suprise me
if it finally gave up the ghost.

Any insight? Seems pretty piddly, but it's one of those
little nagging things that irks. And If I need something
special that I can't source elsewhere than Mama Kaw, I
don't want to tear it apart without parts in hand.

Don in GJ