First Rides

Charles Scappaticci scapco at ecentral.com
Tue Mar 13 18:09:13 PDT 2007

Not much better than a Colorado spring except a Colorado summer.  I
finally got my Koni installed Saturday and got out for a ride on Sunday.
  Sure felt good.  Bike felt really good and I finally got to wind it
out with the Muzzy exhaust on it.  Very nice.  :-)

I've had three different exhausts on the bike so far and here are my
impressions:

1. V&H SS2R - Best sound of all, very raspy (Aluminum oval canister).
Decent build quality and excellent fit.  About stock power down low and
pulled clean and strong to the rev limiter.  Very difficult to make work
with US version of OEM luggage.  Maintains the centerstand.  Mine
rattled (loose collector plate) until I was sucker punched from behind
by a drunk on an Electraglide.

2. Micron - Very throaty sound (Oval carbon fiber canister).  Very
solidly built, but not nearly as nice of fit as the V&H pipe.
Noticeably stronger down low, but sign's off before the V&H does.  Works
perfectly with US version of OEM luggage.  Maintains the centerstand.
Happy with the exhaust until I was hit and run.  Notice a pattern
here?????  LOL!!

3. Muzzy - Very throaty sound (Oval carbon fiber canister).  Very light
construction, almost too light, but with a very good fit.  Power is the
best of both other pipes, stronger than stock down low and pulls cleanly
to the rev limiter.  The pipe exits out the left, with no "S" turn
underneath which probably helps the power output.  Follows the same path
as the stock left pipe so it works well with all the OEM luggage.
Maintains the centerstand.  I'm trying to avoid act III with other motor
vehicles.  ;-)

Charles S.