Two Questions - Now MPG

Jerry Clair darkclarity2k at yahoo.com
Sun May 6 15:21:19 PDT 2007

times 0.8326738 =42.4   I'm a geek too!!

Julian Solomensky <jsolo at solo-tek.com> wrote: Not sure how the imperial gallon compares to the US gallon, but according to this,

http://www.all-science-fair-projects.com/science_fair_projects_encyclopedia/Gallon

An imperial gallon is 1.20x bigger than a US gallon (20%), so if we take 80% of your avg mpg, we get your miles / US gal, or ~40.8 mpg (us gal) which is in the ball park I think.

Fuel economy is directly proportional to the right hand.  Art, if you're still getting upper 40's even with 42K, my hat goes off to you!  I have developed some aggressive riding habits, and it clearly shows in my fuel usage :)  As for wear, I do believe that all the parts in the carbs have some significant wear at this point.  The low end seems especially weak compared to how it was when newer.

That st1300 is calling my name... the silver one :) (next year if I don't get the concours14)

--
Best regards,
 Julian                            mailto:jsolo at solo-tek.com

J.J.Clair
""..our civil rights have no dependance on our religious opinions, any more than our opinions in physics or geometry"[Thomas Jefferson]"