Pirelli diablo strada circumference?

Julian Solomensky jsolo at solo-tek.com
Mon May 7 16:33:21 PDT 2007

Hello Steve,

Hmm.. The BC800 must require you to convert from km to miles before inputting the factor.  The 1606 takes the # strictly as the circumference in mm and does its own internal conversion for miles.

1169* 1.609344  (mile - km conversion factor) = 1881  (1606 factor)

I did the rolling tire test and measured 72.5 inches.  Thus,
72.5 * 25.4 = 1841.5 rounded to 1842.  Or in terms of the BC800, 1144.

~41 mm difference or ~1.614 inches.  Who's right?  Who knows :)   I'm sure one of these days I'll find a cop shooting radar and just ask him to tag me a few times at differing speeds.  The indicated speed does seem to resemble the original speedometer more accurately.  If I used your factor, it would show a slightly faster speed.

I'll have pics in a little bit in another post.

--
Best regards,
 Julian                            mailto:jsolo at solo-tek.com