Over the hill and back again... Dialup unfriendly!

Don Wilcox leanintree at gmail.com
Mon May 14 09:40:55 PDT 2007

Hi Guys,

Well, I finally got out for a ride this weekend. What with moving into the
house, and work ramping up for the busy season, I've been wondering if I'd
ever get out for a few hours!

But lo and behold, the skies parted and a golden opportunity dropped nto my
lap this last weekend. The wifey had planned for a bridal shower to be
taking place at our home on Saturday afternoon, and I was encouraged to make
myself scarce or hide in the garage for a number of hours. I'm certain you
can see the wisdom of my decision...

So, Called up a couple of buddies that I hang around with to see about
wasting an afternoon at 12,000 ft up on the Grand Mesa. One of the guys is a
mere week from moving back to Ohio, and was looking for the opportunity to
take a metric buttload of pictures to make his buddies on the other end
jealous. I'm betting it will have worked.

Here's the ones I took (that were worth uploading).
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v206/LEANINTREE/Grand%20Mesa%205-12-07/

2 notes though (just for interest factor)... This pic is one the wifey
LOVED... because that ain't her. ;-)   We passed this young lady and her
associates about 5 minutes earlier through a spirited section of the climb
(read:hard on the gas), and they pulled in while we were taking pics. They
also began takin photos, but primarily of her. According to her, they were
'for her portfolio'... (meaning I assume that this young lady is sick of
working at taco-bell and want's people to pay her for her pretty face
instead of her skills or lack thereof). They were taking a number of photos
when she comes out and asks if she can take a couple of pics on the Almighty
Geeper... rather suprised me because the 2 guys I was with had 2002 and 2005
ZRX1100/1200's repectively, and they were pretty shiny and snazzy. Yet she
was drawn to the faster red, faded red, scarred and marred 12 yr old
saddlebagged wonder. Musta been the plastic. (Gotta admit she was cute, but
my BFTrouble alarm went off immediatly. And not just from the fact that my
wife would kill me. She had that flame-out young aura around her...)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/LEANINTREE/Grand%20Mesa%205-12-07/2007_0512Grand_Mesa0021.jpg

Oh, and don't miss the last 5 (the panoramics). I took a bundle of shots and
stitched them all into really freakin' big photos. But they turned out
really nice (although wide). Was able to capture the entire vistas that way,
so don't be disuaded from the small size of the thumbnails. The pics are
MUCH larger.

Don in GJ