James Keefover jkeefover at
Mon May 21 09:07:58 PDT 2007

In my opinion...

Michelin Pilot Road and Metzeler Z6 are tough to beat for a SPORT-touring
tire that still gets good mileage.  The wet performance for both are great.
My new Pilot Roads are scrubbed to within 1/8th inch of the edge both front
and rear with no pucker inducing slippage and I rode 4 hours in the rain and
an hour in the snow(!) Friday and I couldn't be happier.

I've also been hearing good things about the new Avons (Storms) but I've
only had the older Azaro ST46/45 which were ok but resisted dropping into
turns a little (which you may prefer though).  They also squared off a bit
quicker than I thought they should but that's very subjective, could be I
was just rode more commuting slab than I thought.

On a side note, if you want a very good track day performance type tire, I
can't recommend the Michelin Pilot Powers more.  They were awesome while
they lasted.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Markham [mailto:automan25 at]
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 11:47 AM
To: GPzList at
Subject: Tires

I need a new rear tire for my GPz. What do you all recommend? I currently
have Dunlop Sportmax D208 tires on both the front and rear. These are the
tires that were on the bike when I bought it so I don't know how much
mileage they have on them. I'm looking for a good balance between mileage
and stickyness.

Jeffrey R. Markham
Digital Designer

The fish are biting.