1st long ride

Stephen Hampson shampson at beeb.net
Thu May 24 14:29:21 PDT 2007

This weekend on Saturday. I leave for my first long ride on the Gpz.,

Manchester (UK) to Albstadt in southern Germany 806 miles. I plan to do 470
on Saturday, 250 in the UK then a 1h train tunnel when I can get some rest.

A quick blast of 200 miles to a hotel in south west Belgium, then a relative
easy 336 miles on Sunday through northern France and Germany, arriving at
the inlaws in Abstadt late afternoon.

I trust the seat and my butt will make the journey, same for the better half
on the pillion. I must say I'm looking forward to it and I've resisted all
temptations and comments of "I'd go in the car if I were you".

I'll let you know if know how I get on when I return in weeks time. That's
if I can sit down at the PC, and my fingers are'nt still numb from the
vibration.

Steve