Valve Cover Gasket

Buehrle, Michael Michael.Buehrle at ottawa.ca
Mon May 28 09:48:03 PDT 2007

A little smudge of silicone around the corners by the cam ends and a little to hold the figure eight shaped gaskets at the centre of the cover. Observe the  cross pattern tightening sequence in your manual & torque values , they are very low and over doing it will cause leaks. It is rare to have to replace this gasket but not inconceivable.
Mike B.