Crush Washer

Jeffrey Markham automan25 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 22:32:10 PDT 2007

Thanks for the help on this guys. I got two new crush washers and the bike is now full of oil again.

-Jeff

andy burkard <andyburkard at yahoo.com> wrote: ask Bill Denton about his buddy's crush washer...
oops, nope, that was a mushroomed washer cause he over
torqued it - to the point of splitting the case on a
x-country trip a few years back.  D'oh!!

they're cheap - next time you order stuff, add a few
to your order and have them handy.

andy b (still riding daily as long as it isn't
raining, although the local bike shop now has both ABS
and non-ABS C-14's on the showroom floor with no
orders against them...  might be time to convince the
wife that a new bike would be cheaper than another oil
change... wait, unless i split the case by over
torquing...  that's it!)