Petcock Failure

1KPerDay 1kperday at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 20:59:59 PST 2007

No. If there's ANY grit in the fuel it can prevent the float valve
needles from sealing and can cause hydrolock. Ask me how I know.

Yes, the oil seeps into the cylinders and down past the rings,
'washing' them and can fubar your motor if you run it much with gas in
the oil.

Dunno what would cause it to overflow while running, though, except
perhaps a stuck or improperly adjusted float valve. After you figure
it out be sure to change your oil.

--
Utah Jeff
'96 SheePz1100