Worn Petcock

Jeffrey Markham automan25 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 13 12:11:08 PST 2007

I took the petcock apart this weekend and it looks like the diaphragm is worn out. Does anyone know if this component can be purchased on it's own? According to the Kawasaki parts diagram it doesn't appear with a seperate part number. I'm afraid I'm going to end up buying the entire petcock assembly.

  Also I wouldn't mind upgrading with a better quality unit, even a manually operated one. Any leads there? Though according to Kawasaki the petcock part number (51023-1219) was replaced with (51023-1260) at some point. Perhaps this new number also signifies a newer design that is more reliable? Any thoughts?

  Jeff Markham