concours 14 comes to life

Julian Solomensky jsolo at solo-tek.com
Sat Oct 13 20:44:59 PDT 2007

Hello all!

Finally did to the c14 what I should of done to the gpz long ago - a pc3 (guess that would of been jets on the gpz), and a pipe.

Here's the #'s.

Basemap + flies + areap = 93.4 ft lb & 143.8 HP peak
Fuelmoto map + flies + areap = 95.6 ft lb & 147 hp peak
fuelmoto map + no flies + areap = 99.1 ft lb & 150 hp peak

The flies refer to the secondary throttle plates that motherkawi puts in for our own protection.  They limit the amount of torque in the lower rpm ranges.

AreaP is the slipon used (http://www.areapnolimits.com/products/Slip-On-Exhaust-Kawasaki-Concours-14-2008.php)

The rest should be self explanatory.

At 3200rpm (which is where the graph starts), after the mods and tuning, it's producing almost 85 ft lb compared to 74 ft lb torque with the plates in (but with the pipe and pc3 with a base map).

This is the way it should of been from the get go!.

Some more info here - http://concours.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35991 .

--
Best regards,
 Julian                            mailto:jsolo at solo-tek.com