Oil Color

schnowz schnowz at localnet.com
Sat Oct 20 16:47:36 PDT 2007

Jeff Are you sure that's not air showing in the oil in the sight glass?
  A couple of oil changes ago I didn't seat the O Ring on the filter and the
oil pissed all over the garage floor. On filling the engine after fixing it,
I wasn't sure how much had pissed out and started the engine after putting
in 2 quarts. The oil level quickly went down on starting the bike and the
little oil visible in the sight glass was airated and looked similar to what
you show. It must have sucked in air into the pump. I would add some more
oil until it's at top of the sight glass - run it a little and then let it
sit and see if it's still the same.

 Pete Staniforth