Oil Color

The Masons masonjs at nrtco.net
Sun Oct 21 13:58:41 PDT 2007

If you run the motor with water in the oil the water/oil turns into an
emulsion.  It will all be milky if you check within a day of running the
motor.
Experience gained from cracking outboard motor lower units on rocks, stumps,
and shoals, and checking the resultant mixture of 90 SAE and H2O.
I've got a Mercury 20 that I have to check cause I richochetted it off a few
hard items in the dark a couple of weeks back.  My son was behind me in
another boat shining a 1,000,000 candle power light at me (he was afraid of
losing me in the dark) and it phuqed up my night vision.  It took us almost
an hour to go to the cabin on Hog Island 1 mile away and without his help
(and light) I made it back to my cottage in less than 4 minutes (hitting
zero).