Replacement for GPz

Dave Daniels dwaynedaniels at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 22 18:46:24 PDT 2007

Honestly, I couldn't tell a lot of power difference between the ZZR and my GPZ when I rode one this past August. Nice bike and all, but not really a significant power increase.

1KPerDay <1kperday at gmail.com> wrote:  IMO the new 1250 Suzuki Bandit is as close as you can get to a
"modern" GPz. Similar torque and power curves, similar ergos (probably
a bit more comfy; may not need Gen-mars and the stock seat is actually
supposed to be comfy), and supposed to be very smooth. Looks pretty
good, too, and has available hard luggage. Available ABS also.

You could also look at the Kawasaki Concours14, ZX-14, or ZZR1200...
lots of ZZR12s for sale right now at amazingly low prices. Bit heavier
than the Geep but LOTS more power, better headlights and wind
protection, better quality suspension, etc. The new FJR is very cool,
also. Ask Rob. ;)

ZRX-1200 might be good also. Basically a naked GPz.

Personally, though, my next bike will be nakedish, a twin or triple,
most likely air-cooled, and probably not chain drive.

The Guzzi 1200 Sport and H-D XR1200 (if they ever actually make it
here) are frontrunners.

--
Utah Jeff
'96 SheePz1100