Replacement for GPz

Simon White swhite at consultant.com
Mon Oct 22 19:35:01 PDT 2007

I rode the CBR1100XX Honda recently (they've only been discontinued here this year), and found the same thing. It supposedly has 50+ more horsepower than the GPZ, but torque is almost identical, and that's what gives the GPZ its urge.

I decided against the 1100XX, as it was so similar to the GPZ, but gets worse fuel economy (even with EFI!), and has no underseat storage (something I use regularly on day rides). Currently keeping an eye out for a good ZZR1200, but there are very few here. Maybe one a month comes up for sale, sometimes none :(.

Another option is the Triumph ST, which I really like, but again, no storage space thanks to the (very cool) underseat exhaust.

Simon
'95 GPz1100 - Blue, tatty but still quick enough..
Melbourne, Australia
Life is the flower for which love is the honey..

--
Want an e-mail address like mine?