Crazy experience yesterday

Jeffrey Markham automan25 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 07:53:51 PDT 2007

I had a vaguely similar experience yesterday. I didn't lose my chain, but I did lose my oil pan drain bolt. I didn't hear it or feel the rear tire run over it. I did however feel the rear tire slip when taking off from the next stop sign. At this point I was only thinking that someone must have leaked some oil on the road right at the stop sign and I stopped right in it. I didn't realize it was me until I went to really accellerate and felt nothing but my rear tire spin and spin. At that point I knew something was wrong. I carefully road the bike the remaining block to my garage, shutting off the engine half way there. I must say there were some motorcycle angles holding that bolt in yesterday. I can't imagine what the experience would have been had it fallen out at 60mph or when I was 20 miles from home. I and I'm pretty sure the bike are just fine.

  -Jeff
dominatr37 <dominatr37 at optonline.net> wrote:
  Nope never felt a thing. No thud, no sounds, it just dropped. Very weird.
I'm just glad it happened where it did, and not 5 minutes earlier when I was
doing 80 MPH on the highway.

Ralph L. Angelo Jr.
Author of "Help! they're all out to get me!
The motorcyclists guide to surviving the everyday world."
ISBN# 1-4137-6187-9
http://helptheyreallouttogetme.com
Check out
LIMELongriders NEW site;