Crazy experience yesterday

Jeffrey Markham automan25 at
Wed Oct 24 08:52:16 PDT 2007

Okay, I re-read my post and decided that I just had to correct my horrendous spelling. See below.

Jeffrey Markham <automan25 at> wrote:   I had a vaguely similar experience yesterday. I didn't lose my chain, but I did lose my oil pan drain bolt. I didn't hear it or feel the rear tire run over it. I did however feel the rear tire slip when taking off from the next stop sign. At this point I was only thinking that someone must have leaked some oil on the road right at the stop sign and I stopped in it. I didn't realize it was me until I went to really accelerate and felt nothing but my rear tire spin and spin. At that point I knew something was wrong. I carefully rode road the bike the remaining block to my garage, shutting off the engine half way there. I must say there were some motorcycle angels angles holding that bolt in yesterday. I can't imagine what the experience would have been had it fallen out at 60mph or when I was 20 miles from home. I and I'm pretty sure the bike are just fine.

dominatr37 wrote:
Nope never felt a thing. No thud, no sounds, it just dropped. Very weird.
I'm just glad it happened where it did, and not 5 minutes earlier when I was
doing 80 MPH on the highway.

Ralph L. Angelo Jr.
Author of "Help! they're all out to get me!
The motorcyclists guide to surviving the everyday world."
ISBN# 1-4137-6187-9
Check out
LIMELongriders NEW site;

Do You Yahoo!?