Shifting Fixes??

Jonathon Jay annihilator1100 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 7 12:30:41 PDT 2007

Well, of course there's Muzzy's...

----Original Message Follows----
From: Terry Packer <packertl2 at yahoo.com>
To: gpzlist at micapeak.com
Subject: Re: Shifting Fixes??
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 12:21:24 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the oil suggestions. I'm definitely willing
to try others. They obviously contribute a lot to how
things work in my bike too.

But I've been running 20-50 oils for years and have
had no shifting issues with any of the other 4 bikes
in my garage or any before them (except the BMWs). And
none of them so obviously wore out an oil in short
order.

I just don't feel my GPZ's shifting is up to the
standards of what Japanese engineers usually release
to the market. For that reason, I'm still wondering
whether super oils may be a way of covering up an
underlying mechanical issue that can be addressed
directly?

Anybody know any engine builders or race mechanics who
have experience rebuilding Kawa 4 cyl motors?

Terry

Need a vacation? Get great deals
to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
http://travel.yahoo.com/