OEM Luggage

Robinson, Art (ON15) art.robinson at honeywell.com
Mon Sep 10 11:42:36 PDT 2007

A word of warning.

I noticed one piece of the luggage was loose and upon checking found
that the spring clip had broken right across the middle. I yanked the
1/4 turn out through the inside of the bag and replaced it with a 1/4 -
20 stainless bolt, a pair of large fender washers and a Nylock nut as a
temporary fix. I haven't figured out a permanent fix yet, but it will be
a lot more reliable than the 1/4 turns, but maybe not quite so
convenient. We'll see!

I've always been a bit skeptical of supporting the bags on the slim wire
of the fasteners and now it seems justified. Fortunately, it failed in
my driveway, just before a road trip to Northern Quebec. (By the way,
the roads are just great and very lightly policed)

Has anyone else had this failure?

Art in TO