Valve Adjustment

William K Denton wkdenton at verizon.net
Fri Sep 14 08:38:18 PDT 2007

Jeffrey,

Yes, it's true.  The valve seats tend to settle into the head over time,
causing the clearances to shrink.  I always try to set the lash to the
higher end of the spec range, in keeping with the old saying about valve
noise that "It's better to hear them than to smell them".

Bill in Yardley, PA
wkdenton at verizon.net
'96 GPz1100
'86 SRX600