Spencer Seats Mod - Numbness

Paul Landry p_landry at telus.net
Wed Sep 19 10:23:26 PDT 2007

Dave..

I was having the same problem with numbness in the neither regions too..
The last time I had the bike apart to replace the steering head bearings I
had a thought (happens every now and then)..
The gas tank on the GPz is rubber mounted and should not transmit the
vibrations I was encountering, could even feel it putting my hand on the
tank when running.
The two bolts at the back of the tank are in rubber isolation grommets.
But..  Me being the character that I am, I always over tighten everything..
If not for torque wrenches I would break most things..  It is a genetic
thing, my father is the same way!..  ;-)

When I put the tank on last time I purposely did not tighten it as much as I
normally do, still snug but not torqued til I turn blue..  Found it made a
very noticeable difference..  I have had 4 long day rides since and have not
suffered the numbness that I was getting in just 20 mins. of riding before..

You may not be guilty of this, but thought I would mention my experience..

Cheers..

Paul W. Landry
P_Landry at telus.net