Spencer Seats Mod - Numbness

Steven Bixby steven at bixbys.net
Wed Sep 19 11:22:03 PDT 2007

The spacers act to provide a specific limit to how tightly the rubber
grommet is held.  If the spacers are missing, the torque on those bolts will
crush the grommet tighter than it's meant to be held and transmit more
vibration to the tank.  With the spacers, the rubber grommet serves it's
suspension role.